Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Doubt - Don't Ya Just Hate It?!

WOW, did doubt ever creep in last night!  And it was NASTY!  It was UGLY!  And it made me really ugly too!  So ugly that I had to appologize to my sweet husband.

When I feel the Lord calling me to something I do one of two things:
A.  I rationalize and make excuse after excuse/just put it off (sometimes for forever)
B.  I DIVE in FULL force, pushing everything out of my way to follow His calling...

And 'B' leads me to this:  As SOON as anyone questions what I'm doing, I just shut down, and often give up. 

Have you ever felt this way?  You felt so strongly about something, you KNEW it was from the Lord, but when the world around you said, "That's CRAZY", you started to think....Well, maybe I am crazy.  Maybe God didn't call me to this. 

Doubt very quickly became my 'sinking sand' yesterday.  But you know what's the best part of times of doubt?  Watching God work!  I'm very grateful to our Heavenly Father that we don't have to try and figure everything out right here, right now. 

When you can't figure out how this could possibly be God's will, just STOP. We don't have to try and put all the puzzle pieces together today!  He holds EVERY piece in His hand, so just hold onto Him.  As the pieces of God's Big Picture start to fit together...HE gets ALL the glory!

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all whithout reproach, and it will be given him.  But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.  For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double minded man, unstable in all his ways."  James 1:5-8



No comments:

Post a Comment